World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

[SOLVED] The .tie installed the wrong client

So, my account is a EU account. A very, very old one, from the beginning of time. And I have no clue as to where my CD-s are.
So I thought I'd just have crossover install the game for me. Downloaded the .tie and installed. --> Got the US version.

So, I know I have to uninstall everything and re-install with the EU client. But how?
Is there a special .tie for this? or... can I manually download it somewhere and have crossover use it?

Edit: SOLVED! Or, partly solved, you need to uninstall everything, and then manually select WoW in the list of programs, and then make sure to change language from "English" to "English (Great Britain)", then you will get the EU client. (I hope)

Scratch my reply... please see Caron's below.

WAIT!

You may not need to uninstall everything, I'm not sure exactly which files you would remove...

But, to install a different country's version of World of Warcraft...

1. Launch the CrossOver Software Installer
  2. Select the desired application
  3. in the space to the right of the software selection window, adust "Application Language" to the desired version. English is default but World of Warcraft does have a selection for "English (Great Britain)" which will download the version you were looking for.

The rest is right... you may even be able to do this over your existing bottle and save yourself the re-download.

(and you were posting the 'same' solution as I was typing this... nice!)

Unfortunately this did not work for me. I even deleted all files downloaded the installers directory to be sure. Everytime I try this it wants to install the US client.

Is there no way I can manually download the EU client and run it through the WOW install process?

EDIT: I was able to manually download the file from Battle.net, then Right click the file, select Run with Crossover (Install) and it then lets you select the correct bottle type to install, World of Warcraft.

It is busy doing the game installation now on the Blizzard launcher.

(Repeated content deleted)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWU1tcndCVkpDY1c5WWNlWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9