World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

All other players are shadows

Everything appears normal and framerate is about as expected, but other players appear black except for shoulder armor, hair and weapons. It is really rather strange. I don't know if this is a graphics driver issue or something else, but here are my specs.

Memory: 1.9g
Processor: Intel® Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz × 2
Graphics: Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset x86/MMX/SSE2

I am using Ubuntu 12.1 32-bit

It is worth noting that when I was running this computer via Vista I had no graphical issues, but then my HD failed, I lost my Vista disc and decided to use Ubuntu.

Submit a ticket, maybe a ninja can help you out. That IGP is rather bad though.

Ticket System - Enter Ticket

Thanks. I think my only bet here until I get a newer computer is to swap back to windows. I hate to do it but it worked fine there (slow, but better). I will enjoy Ubuntu again when I have the graphics power for all this.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid3dCM21zU1VDTXhCSFJ2QyIsImdkcHIiOjB9