World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WoW Support Ticket system

Hi,

it seems Blizzard has changed the layout of the ticket system, now using components of the internet explorer (on whatever version).

Since WoW is installed by default in a Win2000 bottle, the latest version was MSIE 6 SP1 which seems to be not more available as (full) download.
the Installer is available anyway.

Are there any possible alternatives i.e. can I simple change the platform to winxp instead of win2000 to install MSIE7 or 8 which is also available as full download in the internet?

Or does anybody know what "important" components are necessary to get the ticket system working?

I use Crossover 13 on Ubuntu 12.03 LTS 64bit, I used the universal installer, not the DEB package.

I have used XP bottles in the past for WoW without any issue so you may try that. :)

You can also reach the same ingame support team on their support site located at battle.net you may try this as a workaround as well.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ0Z5eVFXSzg1eWVKcHo2QiIsImdkcHIiOjB9