World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WoW in 9.2.0, working well

Game itself is working quite well in Gentoo Linux 64-bit. There appear to be issues with the Launcher fetching the news, but otherwise the game itself is working very well.

What I did not test:
Installing the game; I used a pre-existing install from an earlier version of Crossover. I apologize if I missed something important about the installation process (such as issues of improvements). My reason for skipping this is that I am planning to do a full install of Cataclysm in a fresh bottle, which will be out soon (that is, I didn't want to re-install WotLK when I'm going to full-install Cata in a few weeks).

In-game microphone: Just didn't test it; I don't use my mic in-game very often anymore, so I can't vouch for how well it works.

What was tested:
Patching (worked);
Game itself (worked);

Finally, this will probably be my final ranking for this game (WotLK) as an advocate. As I am planning to install Cataclysm, I will no longer be able to test how WotLK works (That is, I'll be using the Cataclysm client instead of WotLK's). I am planning to become an advocate for Cataclysm as soon as I get it, so you all will probably be able to find me on the Cataclsym Compatability forums/site.

Thank you all for your help to me, and I hope I was able to help you, too. 😊.

Bye all, I'll probably be seeing some of you on the Cata forums later.

There is a good reason why most gamers don't and have not used the in-game voice system.

The in-game voice chat feature was released pre Wrath as far as i can remember. we used it a few times in windows and linux to test it and it was the worst system in the world on both.

Most wow players use:

ventrilo (the linux native vent is mangler)
imvox (currently not working in linux)
teamspeek (linux native)

Also as for the game being released soon "cataclysm" the game is practically already out all the cdkey will provide is access to some areas and 2 new classes oh and flying in azeroth.

Also i will be installing fresh from cata disk as i did for the last 2 expansions, i can tell you that the game installs fine if you use the automated system provided by crossover games.

or install the min packages needed to run in ether wine or custom bottle.

I also will be advocating cataclysm however i wont make a big deal about it since i plan to ditch wow and start playing star wars the old republic.

It is working like a charm now, it has earned his gold medal i think :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRk1wSHZXTm1kUmNCeE1tNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9