World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WoW install

Linux, Ubuntu 10.04LTS

WoW appears to load, but I can only get as far as the accept/decline licence screen. The mouse cursor moves, but appears not to be responding to buttons at all - I cannot scroll the bar down (I am guessing that is why I cannot accept the terms either)

Anyone have any ideas?

Are you installing via CD/DVD? I had a issue with the CD/DVD's plus they took too long. Try downloading the client file directly from your account in battlenet and keep track of the destination. Then use codeweavers CP4 to do the install then once it is installed then goto the forum tab here and then download the dll file from the thread - "World of Warcraft is broken with the 3.3.5 patch" and install it as stated by DABLACKFOX. then goto "DABLACKFOX'S" thread - "World of Warcraft install and Direct3D how-To" and follow his instructions on making sure to have Wine and Winetricks installed --be advised he has some spelling errors so copy paste will sometimes not work. Then follow his instructions on Crossover/Graphics setup on down to the end of his post.

The only thing i didn't do was the Dual Core setting on the WTF file in the WOW/WTF directory. I didnt think that was pertinent since the Computer/OS should be able to handle that anyway.

Have Fun.

BTW: I think DABLACKFOX's sound setting has too many zeros in it, i think it should be 19200 vice 192000.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWmNXYWZZdFBBZWZnZE1CWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9