World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WoW entries merged for Crossover Games 10

Hi everybody!

Our upcoming Crossover Games 10 release has the ability to pull install profiles (.tie files) directly from entries here in our compatibility center. Because of how the entries here in C4 are mapped in the Crossover Games 10 Install Software list we've needed to merge all the WoW versions (WoW, BC, WotLK, Cata) into a single entry.

So down the road if you need to install WoW again using Crossover Games 10 you'll only need to pick the one World of Warcraft entry and it'll install from any of the WoW discs.

With the single install profile we're also working on getting the WoW hybrid DVD discs to finally mount correctly in Crossover Games 10 so that you won't need to manually unmount, unhide, and remount the discs.

I thought That this is what happend when cataclysm disapeared.

However there is one problem that has come out of this, and that is the forum links that are emailed to us no longer work.

They bring us to the corect app but not the post that were being notified about.

eg:

CodeWeavers CrossOver Compatibility Center Update
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=7714;forum=1;mhl=96326
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
   APP ID:     7714
   NAME:       World of Warcraft
   UPDATE BY:  Claus Tluk von Toschanowitz <codeweavers@ctvt.de>
   DETAILS:    new comment added to application

SUBJECT:    re: WoW Crashing
BODY:

Just a question out of curiosity: The Linux distribution used, is it of the 32 bit or of the 64 bit variety?

I've seen the same error on the first of two machines, one with a 64bit Ubuntu and 8GB ram and the other one with a 32 bit Ubuntu and 2GB ram. Obviously I'm wondering whether the 64 bit killed the cat.

This e-mail was sent to your e-mail address because you subscribed
  to updates to the C4 Application above.
  To Un-Subscribe, do the following depending on how you subscribed:
    1.) Globally subscribed to all Applications. Uncheck the
        'C4 Applications' subscription in the Lists tab of the
        'My Account' page.
    2.) Subscribed to a single Application. Uncheck the subscribe
        check from the 'My Favorites' page.
    3.) Advocates Only, uncheck the subscribe check from your 'My
        Advocated Apps' page.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

Ok i have learned that its not the link thats the problem its hotmail.

When it Sends us to the link it sends us to
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=7714%3Bforum=1%3Bmhl=96326

instead of
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=7714;forum=1;mhl=96326

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR2dUeFIzWXprbUFudGdKdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9