World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Why is default WoW bottle Win2k?

I noticed that the default WoW Bottle is a Win2k Bottle. Is there a technical reason to keep it as a Win2k bottle? With the new battle.net launcher Blizzard has rolled out, all their games can be installed and run from one launcher. While WoW will still install in the Win2k Bottle with the new Battle.net launcher Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 won't install. I was able to install the Battle.net launcher in a WinXP Bottle and inside that single Bottle I was able to install World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. All work fine. Can crossover change the default bottle for WoW so players will be able to manage all their blizzard games in a single bottle or is there a technical reason to have all three games in different bottles that I am missing?

David Brooks wrote:

I noticed that the default WoW Bottle is a Win2k Bottle. Is there a
technical reason to keep it as a Win2k bottle? With the new
battle.net launcher Blizzard has rolled out, all their games can be
installed and run from one launcher. While WoW will still install in
the Win2k Bottle with the new Battle.net launcher Starcraft 2 and
Diablo 3 won't install. I was able to install the Battle.net
launcher in a WinXP Bottle and inside that single Bottle I was able
to install World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. All work
fine. Can crossover change the default bottle for WoW so players
will be able to manage all their blizzard games in a single bottle
or is there a technical reason to have all three games in different
bottles that I am missing?

You're missing nothing. We just haven't circled back to World of Warcraft to update it's installation method (because independently it works fine...).

You certainly have a point. It's next on my list. :)

Cool, thanks! :D

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidTlLdFFFZVFReHRLTlU4RSIsImdkcHIiOjB9