World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No Region Dropdown Menu in Launcher

Greetings all!

I just installed WOW through CrossOver and the installation appeared to go smoothly. I'm running Ubuntu 15.10 on a ASUS ROG laptop.

In the WOW launcher screen there is a button with a globe on it that is supposed to open a drop-down menu allowing you to select your region, but clicking on that button has no effect. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you get past it?

-M

You may have a problem with bnet not refreshing the lists correctly. Just move your cursor up and down over where there should be things and it will show up.

HTH,

Thank you for such a fast response!

While it is a good suggestion, and one I understand as I've seen that kind of behaviour before in HTML documents, this is a bit different.

Clicking the button with the globe icon should open a drop down menu (the menu I would be waving my mouse over) but no menu appears. What clicking the button does do is alternately select and deselect the 'enter-Battle.net-address-here' text box that is below that button. As there is no way to select a region I cannot proceed with the setup process.

-M

Well, I ended up solving this myself.

For whatever reason continued clicking on and around the globe icon eventually resulted in the appearance of the menu! I was shocked and pleasantly surprised when it appeared! I will continue the installation process this evening when I can hook up my laptop directly to my cable modem.

-M

On wine, you have to click it, then press TAB, and the dropdown menu appears :).

If that helps :).

If you just click the menu and press down arrow you can scroll threw without waiting..

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSE5XYVhRcnRCUWtrUnJGZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9