World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Adjusting Settings For World of Warcraft

Greetings!

Re: Intel GMA 950 series video cards
There is hope! This tip comes based off of the information from the good people over at Ubuntu
The Intel drivers are quite buggy when it comes to more sophisticated games like WoW, and they cause this game to be almost unplayable on these cards. Nothing can completely make up for poor drivers, but the following tips might make WoW playable at its lowest settings.
Launch Crossover Bottle Manager, Control Panel tab, Wine Config, and go to the Graphics tab. Disable both vertex and pixel shaders.
Open the config.wtf file in a text editor and remove any gxApi entries (i.e. SET gxApi "opengl")
Removing these entries will cause the game to run in DirectX mode instead of OpenGL.

How do I find the Control Panel and Graphics tabs under CrossOver 15.0? I see only have the main menu with Show Bottles, Icons, Tree, Favourites, but none of the Bottle menus to reach mentioned Vertex and Pixel Shades. Also I did a system search and don't have a config.wtf file to work with.

Any help much appreciated!
Keep up the great work!

Jim in NYC

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidjdndEdITUVyWmNkQVdxbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9