World of Warcraft

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

Legion Patch Launcher broken
Jonathan C Arbogast
Posted 2016-07-27 00:12
Tried to log on after the most recent launcher patch/upgrade on July 26, 2016.  Once the new launcher updated and restarted it did not restart.  After multiple attempts including rebooting my computer, I am not able to launch the launcher.  I'm only able to play by launching the game directly from the wow bottle.  Does anyone have a fix for this?  It appears Bliz has broken the launcher for us crossover users with this most recent update.  Is there a way to download and install any future patches with the launcher broken?
Quan Nguyen
Quan Nguyen  Staff Member
Posted 2016-07-27 12:13
You can install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (14.0) Redistributable Runtime component into your current WoW bottle and it should get the Battlenet launcher back and running.

Andrew Schott
Andrew Schott Mystical Exalted Nigh-invincible Supreme Raging Atomic Dragon Turbo Chief Senior Advocate
Posted 2016-07-27 16:43
Confirmed fix, thanks!
John Kehr
Posted 2016-08-03 22:52
Can confirm this worked for me as well.  Thanks as always.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTIxMDQwODU5fQ==