World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No longer works because of XP bottle

Blizzard has killed XP support and Crossover will only support WOW installed to an XP bottle. If you pick Win 7 for the bottle the install wont run to let you access battle net, so dose any one know the right recipe for a W7 bottle that will work?

Same problem.
I've been trying to switch an existing bottle/install to win7, but it still thinks it's xp.

How do we fix this? Any help anyone?

I made a fresh wine prefix to test things. Things work quite nicely for all games except Overwatch (its just slow due to lacking Dx12 features) and Destiny 2 (just broken). The main things I found were to use a 64-Bit Win10 bottle/prefix and for each game in it make the necessary modifications. For WoW, none should be necessary.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQzJyTFNTTmVyOHBjdTNKMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9