World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

World of Warcraft works - but not via Battle.net App

Just thought I'd mention it to see if others were having the same issue... but I can't get WoW to work via the Battle.net app. If I launch using the Wow.exe and sign in then everything is fine. If however I launch Battle.net and click play, I hear the music and the mouse changes to the hand found in WoW but the screen is still showing a frozen picture of whatever it had on the screen before it ran. Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong there - since all I can tell is that the launcher is running the same .exe file.

I have a similar problem. When you change the settings of the bottle of acceleration graphics dxvk vulkan and reset the game to the default settings, the game starts. but after leaving the game, do not start the second time. Crossover 18.1.0 Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa 64 MATE 1.20.1 Linux 4.15.0-45-generic x86_64 NVIDIA Driver Version: 410.78 GPU GT 1030

Same issue here. Any suggestion?

Cheers,
I was able to get the game to work from the APP with DXVK. Triple screens at 9000X1440. Install the DXVK into the bottle that WoW is installed on and should work from there. This has allowed me to play WoW, Overwatch, Star Craft and Star Craft 2

So, I got things to work with DXKV.

When I first tried launching WoW from Battle.net, I got couldn't see the screen, but I could hear the music and mouse pointer changed. I killed it and did some Googling. I came across something that mentioned going into the Battle.net settings and disabling streaming. That took care of that.

Then I noticed Battle.net was really slow. Took forever to launch and most actions were just really delayed, but WoW seemed to run fine. I saw this was a problem on Windows as well. In Crossover, select your Battle.net bottle and launch the Internet Settings. Go to the last tab and toggle the auto detect proxy checkbox (it's the first one). You want it off, and it probably already is off, but enable it and then disable it and apply the settings. That should take care of that as well.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOFJ3RVZXR0JNVEFlUGNDRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9