World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Did Blizzard break WoW again

Did they mess something up with the pre-patch data. It keeps locking up and giving error #138

I'm running linux but it was running fine before this pre-patch data

Indeed, I have the same problem. Had to use the current wine-staging for it to work again.

Sounds like we need a custom WoW version again or someone within Blizzard needs to work with crossover or even better just get off their high horse and make a linux client

We are working on it :) Feel free to file a ticket and reference Bug 18277 to be notified of updates.

Thanks,
Anna

Thanks Anna .... as always you seem to be right on time for answers

Lok'Tar Ogar!

Hmm...
I have the same problem...
Always tried to reinstall it, don´ t work.

Any ideas ?

The only things you can do is play with the settings and hope you find the magic setting (if there is one) or wait till the awesome ninjas at codeweaver find out what got messed up and fix it ( the best thing to do ) I'm sure Anna or one of the other staff members will let us know till then you can fill out a ticket

Anna Lasky wrote:

We are working on it :) Feel free to file a ticket and reference
Bug 18277 to be notified of updates.

Thanks,
Anna

Sorry Andy but this is just how things are with blizzard

Okay, Thanks for the info !
Yep, I have seen the Bug and would like to visit it but I get:

D'oh!
Access Denied
Whoops! The page you are trying to access is locked.

So I was not sure if someone is working on it...

I'm sure it's being worked on and if I had to guess codeweavers own rabid gamer Jeremy is on the case as we speak.

A lot of linux gamers use only a handful of tools to play games crossover and wine which kind of go hand and hand as data is shared between them plus you have steams proton again codeweaver had a hand in that and you have a few other ways but I believe most of them use some type of wine or proton to work.

Anna or Jeremy or whomever is working on this a buddy told me WoW likes Proton 5.13 in a differet game program if that helps you guys not sure what other settings are used but maybe it gives you something to look at

Sup ladies and gentlemen,

a friend of mine just switched to Linux (Ubuntu) from Windows and I recommended Crossover for WoW.

He's planning on reactivating his account this weekend.

My question therefor: Is there an ETA for a fix to this issue? I tried looking at the bug report 18277, but it's unavailable atm.

How good is Wine Staging performing?

Thx!

Alexander Tornow wrote:

How good is Wine Staging performing?

Thx!

Fine. I always kept for mmos a backup wine install, just in case. Works fine. Ensure that you use the latest staging + dxvk for things to work.

Hey Andrew,

thanks for taking the time to respond.

I just tested Crossover 20.0.2 on three separate Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS machines (with Nvidia, Intel and AMD GPU's) and didn't experience a single crash nor any login issues. In other words: WoW is running just fine on my machines. thumbsup Whatever you guys did, it works great.

Thanks!

Thank you all!

For my own reference later (since i cant delete my thread):

disable browser acceleration to remove black boxes in the installer
right click bottle > settings > enable DXVK Vulkan backend for D3D11 to remove rainbow artificating

1 to 13 of 13

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaHZwTjVTUjlRVTRrVFprMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9