World of Warships Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WoT/WoWs: Client Wrapper vs. Full Crossover Product

Briefly: what does the Crossover product offer that the Mac client wrapper currently doesn't? What are Crossover's additional benefits?

At length: I'm considering purchasing the Crossover product to alleviate my frustrations with the current Mac client wrapper. Having browsed forums for both World of Tanks (which I've played for a year or two) and WoWs (which I'm considering playing), it sounds like the 32-bit wrapper has memory leak issues which contribute to the regular client crashes I'm seeing with my WoT client. If I used the full Crossover instead, would my game experience be likely better? Is Crossover itself working in a 64-bit fashion while the wrapper currently isn't? What are the current differences/distinctions between them, and what's the roadmap look like for either maintaining or removing those distinctions?

I hope my question(s) are clear. Thanks for your advice and insight! 😊

You can download the free CrossOver 17.5.1 demo fully working for 15 days and give it a try.
If you end up buying CrossOver my advice is to also enroll in a advocates program where you can have the latest CrossOver night builds.

Stjepan Barbaric wrote:

You can download the free CrossOver 17.5.1 demo fully working for 15
days and give it a try.
If you end up buying CrossOver my advice is to also enroll in a
advocates program where you can have the latest CrossOver night
builds.

Thanks, and I'm considering that option, but your response doesn't answer any of my questions. I'm looking to be more informed before I download Crossover, to decide if it's worth my time. 😊

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZGJWZXRMOXQzU05Ua1E0NCIsImdkcHIiOjB9