Worms Armageddon Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Got it!

after lots of fiddling around and help from a benevolent soul it works. for 6.2 at least.

step one: install into new bottle. The hack that makes worms work will break nearly everything else I think.

step two: update to the latest version by the install new software and selecting the update files.

step three: make an iso from your install disk or get a no cd fix if it you get the insert disc error

step four: you need a patched ddraw.dll file. (link coming soon)

step five: go to the manage bottles bit in crossover and select your worms bottle. co to the control panel tab and then open winecfg. click the graphics tab and select emulate virtual desktop. (the default 640x480 isn't very fun) I recommend 1024x640 or more.

caveats: its beta software running on wine with a crazy hacked ddraw.dll. Not normally a recipe for everything working like its supposed to. but it runs.

bugs

0.1 minor graphic and sound silliness on the intro

1. training missions advancing without consent. when you fail the buttons dont work and you have to restart the program. WORK AROUND: It appears to be a focus problem, try the command tab task switcher (alt tab on linux?) and manually select the program that way, you might just be able to click buttons again.

Please post a link for the hacked ddraw, I already tried that along time ago with ddraw.dll for wine 0.9.34 (as winecfg reports) and I still have a black menu...

Hmmm. Tried this and was not able to get it to work. I used the newest ddraw.dll that I found on http://www.nanacide.com/wahelp/installguide-original4.php

Maybe I am doing something wrong. Any updates as to how you managed to get this to work would be great.

up ?

Has anyone found the dll that makes this work? I've just been through the instructions from Deacon and found several patched dll's, but none of them seem to work. :(

email or im me and Ill send it to you.

I'd like to grab it as well, but I can't figure out how to IM or email you...

Hi Deacon!
It would be great if you could some information how we could get the hacked ddraw.dll that worked for you.
Thanks!
Frank

I'd like to grab this as well. if anyone is still watching this forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY0xoU3lkWm1heVJ2TE1jZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9