Worms Armageddon Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Blank Screen

Running in ver. 8.1.3, the install works fine up and everything seems normal until you try and play. Every time I try, the game brings up a blank white X11 window. You can hear the Worms noises run in the background, you can even click buttons in the menu, but you can't actually see anything at all.

I've made sure that the bottle is emulating a desktop, as suggested on the tips and tricks page. Tried multiple reinstalls, and even a system reboot of the computer. Nothing makes it work. Any ideas?

OK, then, I've tinkered a bit and it is running now - I think I was changing the settings of the desktop in the default bottle, rather than the bottle I wanted. Anyway, Worms will go now.

However, I can't get any interaction. I can click menu buttons, but when trying to create a team, I can't type names; when trying to move or fire weapons in-game, I get no response. Anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

(Forgot to mention on the previous post, it's ver. 8.1.3 for Mac, running on a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, running Leopard).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNlRkTGZGdGh0WmhDQjhnTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9