XIII - Classic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Still cant get the mouse to stay in the window

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=6185;tips=1

even after using the mouse wrap override edit in the registry, I still cannot get it to stay in the window. anyone have any ideas? I'm having this issue with alot of applications these days.

Hi Chris,

You might want to hunt about, and try to determine if the issue is  

yet another example of winebug #6971 ...see ;

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6971

That bug has been high on the hit list, and now that it's marked fixed,
that code apparently now present in wine-1.3.20 (and xorg-server 1.7.7 or
better) that corrects this, will have to merge into some next CXG release.

I suppose the easiest way to sus it out, would be to install the wine-1.3.20
release, make sure your xorg-server is of the required version (perhaps that
applies to the xorg-input package as well), and install XIII into that wine
environment and see if it works....or not, as the case may be {shrug}...

...if it does fix things, then it'd be good to know...come to think of it,
I've got a number of apps borked by #6971 which I should check myself ; I'll
have to see where the deb6 is xorg wise....

Cheers!

hey don,
I'll get to it later tonight after my classes. would be nice to see, as that would fix just about all the problems i have with most of my games.

are you sure about that xorg version don?
I'm on ubuntu 10.04, and I seem to have version 1.7.6. I'd rather not have to build a key part of the system like that from sources, but if I have to I will. I'm having trouble finding the package or sources at all for that one.
I updated to the latest wine beta, but it didn't fix anything yet. if i can find 1.7.7 of Xorg (or if you can link me) I'll give it another shot.

Hi again,

Well, I'm reasonably sure about the xorg version - I haven't physically  

checked the code, but, I'll take others' words as being correct =)

...I dunno how you'll go finding 1.7.7 in the distro wildlands - I checked my
debian 6.0.1a and it's running 1.7.5-8, so if I was the sort of person who
bothered mucking about with distros, in the debian case I'd probably find a
later Xorg build in the debian experimental/testing branches...

....but I'm not that sort of person ; I have to build myself a new system
sooner or later anyhow, and that will be using xorg 1.9.x anyway, so even
now 1.7.7 is 'old hat'...

Cheers!

alright, well after digging some more I found a PPA with a new xorg. I'll give it a try a bit later, and see the result.

Hi,

Kewl.. let us know how it pans out...

Cheers!

Artist Formally Known as Dot wrote:

Hi,

Kewl.. let us know how it pans out...

Cheers!

new problem.
after installing the latest Xorg, my system cant detect my videocard properly. Nvidia control pannel is not working either. I'll go ahead and try it in software anyways.

EDIT: software rendering wasnt supported, so I tried to reinstall the vidoecard driver. GDM wont start up now, and I dont know how to repair it. i basically just lost the OS.

as long as "automatically capture the mouse in full screen windows" is checked off, it seems to work on an updated xorg and the latest development version of wine. I'm testing this on ubuntu 11.04. thanks for the tip don, I'm going to try this with more of my games now.

..kewl...that actually makes sense btw...ie; the fix for bug 6971
I think would deprecate (or effect) the mouse capture hack...

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSm5tWFk3TGRYZmZQWVFiUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9