zMUD Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

zMUD works. :)
Anonymous

Prerequsites for install...

Minimal (or whatever) IE. - Do IE6 install, minimal, browser and javascript.

DCOM (DCOM95 works) - I used the Crossover supported.

MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Componants) - I used MDAC_TYP.EXE from MS, for Win95/98.

Jet40SP8_9xNT.exe (Jet access componants) - I used the version for 95/98 o course.

Incidentally, you can get all the prereq MS files from Zugg's site at www.zuggsoft.com/data

Everything seems to work fine for me, but haven't really stress tested everything. Mapping and Database seems to work fine.

Really, the only problems I can see from a quick glance are simple screen refresh abberations where the top alias/trigger buttons seem to mess with the buffering for the main window just a bit, and some titlebar refreshing irritations. Just scroll over what you want with the mouse and it repaints, but I've not found that anything is non-visible - just blank areas that don't repaint sometimes have stuff from overlaid windows on them.

Anonymous

My aplogies, forgot to include two other important tidbits.

1. zMUD Version that I was speaking of above is latest at time of writing (7.05).

2. elicense registration works fine, both registration and unregistration.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV3c2VHJQVHd4VVp4Y2hCcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9