Neverwinter Nights 2
Tips & Tricks are provided by the CrossOver Community and Advocates. They are not
intended to be used for official CodeWeavers Support. For that, please visit our
official support pages
Crossover Games Mac 8.0 with Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6
1) Create a Win2000 Bottle (WinXP bottles will fail the .NET installation from NWN2 for me and you need .NET).
2) Install NWN2 (Install Software -> Install Unsupported Software)
Let the installer run and install .NET automatically. It SHOULD call up the NWN2 updater for you. Let the installer run once to create the registry entries you'll be editing next. If it doesn't run, manually run it (Programs -> Atari -> Neverwinter Nights 2 -> Update Neverwinter Nights 2).
It should run once and then fail and timeout forcing you to Step 3.
3) Run Regedit (Programs -> Run Command -> Browse -> windows -> Regedit and Select your bottle) and install/change the following keys:
4) Run the NWN2 Updater and patch until it is done to at least 1.23 which will remove the DRM.
(Programs -> Atari -> Neverwinter Nights 2 -> Update Neverwinter Nights 2).
5) Download and copy the following DLLs to \windows\system32
6) Run Regedit (Programs -> Run Command -> Browse -> windows -> Regedit and Select your bottle) and install/change the following keys:
Note that you will need to create the Direct3D key before adding the other strings above.
Note that VideoMemorySize should match what is installed in your computer. Apple -> About This Mac -> More info... -> Graphics/Display.
Depending on your video card you may need to change DirecDrawRenderer=gdi and/or OffScreenRenderingMode=Backbuffer.
7) Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (select from inside COG). I selected the English Install Source.
8) Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (select from inside COG). I selected the English Install Source.
Note that according to Crossover Games Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 is already installed but I have had to reinstall it again to make it work correctly.
9) Install Microsoft DirectX Runtime - Modern (select from inside COG). I selected the English Install Source.
I am not sure that Step 9 is needed for everyone. On my Mac Pro (OS X 10.5.8) with an ATI 1900, I do NOT need Step 9, but on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.6.1) with an ATI 1600 card I DO need Step 9 or it crashes when I enter the game.
The game and toolset all works correctly with Crossover and the latest patches.
on 2009-11-27 23:26:54