Workaround to install Rift update - Streaming Client - 5/9/12
**This issue has been resolved with the latest Rift 1.8 Hotfix #6 - 5/10/12. Thank you, Trion!**
Rift's latest update - Streaming Client - 5/9/12 may throw a Rift error and Program error after clicking the 'Update' button. If you are seeing this, then follow these steps for the workaround:
1. Go to Crossover's 'Configure>Manage Bottles...' menu, select the Rift bottle in the 'Bottle' tab, and click 'Quit Bottle' and 'Force Quit Bottle' (if necessary) to close Rift after closing out the error messages. Leave the 'Manage Bottles' window open for the following steps.
2. Re-launch Rift and login.
3. Back in 'Manage Bottles', select Rift bottle and click the 'Control Panels' tab, then double-click the 'Task Manager' item.
4. In the 'Task Manager' window that appears, click on the 'Processes' tab, select 'riftpatcherrorhandler.exe', and click 'End Process'.
5. In the Rift launcher window, click 'Update'.
6. Let the update download, extract, and install completely and the 'Patch Successful' message appears before clicking 'Play' and entering the game.
7. On subsequent launches of Rift, the 'riftpatcherrorhandler.exe' process will have to be killed again before clicking 'Play' in the Rift launcher to enter the game.
We're rebels. We're misfits. But mostly, we're software liberators. And we're very, very good at what we do. We have to be. Lots of developers work with open source, but only a tiny fraction of those are good enough to get software that was designed for one platform to work on another one. We invented CrossOver software - a unique approach to cross-platform compatibility that does not require dual-boot or another OS license. We launched PortJump to help app and game developers broaden their market beyond Windows® users. And we launched ExecMode to help organizations solve really ugly technical challenges.