Tips & Tricks are provided by the CrossOver Community and Advocates. They are not
intended to be used for official CodeWeavers Support. For that, please visit our
official support pages
Getting Wizardry 8 to in run CrossOver Games
The following install tip applies to the following configuration:
- Dell Precision M90
- Ubuntu 10.10 (32bit)
- Nvidia Quadro FX 2500M Driver version 260.19.06
- Crossover Games Linux 9.2.1
- GFX card that supports OpenGL
- SirTech 3 CD retail release (with 1.24 patch)
The following will allow you to make this work.
The trick is to NOT use directX in this version of CrossOver if you have a GFX card that supports OpenGL (previous versions worked for me.)
Install Wizardry 8 as usual. Use the win2000 bottle.
Before running game do the following
1. Goto the wizardry 8 installed directory.
2. create a text file named 3DVideo.CFG
3. Add the following lines:
4. Save the file.
5. Run the game.
1. The radar may get visual artifacts. This is a known problem.
2. 3DSetup.exe will crash and overwrite your manual settings. So if you run that accidentally, you will have to manually patch the config again.