I am happy to announce that we at CodeWeavers have released CrossOver 11.2.0 for both Mac and Linux!
The main benefit of CrossOver 11.2.0 on the Mac is that it should run on Apple's upcoming release of OS X 10.8, "Mountain Lion," due out in July 2012.
In addition, we have added support for Microsoft Visio 2010 and Microsoft Project 2010 on both Mac and Linux. Another major feature is incorporation of Wine 1.4.1, which is a bug-fix release of Wine's stable 1.4 branch, and includes many improvements for a variety of applications.
If you are an existing CrossOver customer with an active support entitlement, you can visit our web site to download this latest version:
The complete changelog for CrossOver 11.2.0 is included below.
We hope you enjoy this latest release of CrossOver, and we thank you for all of your support!
CrossOver Product Manaager
p.s. For anyone accustomed to seeing Jeremy White's name on these announcements, I will introduce myself. I am Josh DuBois, CrossOver Product Manager here at CodeWeavers. I am writing these to allow Jeremy to write code instead! I am delighted to be here and announcing 11.2 is a pleasure.
Complete Changelog for 11.2.0:
Mac OS X:
- Support for OS X 10.8, Mountain Lion.
- Signed code to work with Mountain Lion's 'Gatekeeper' feature.
- Bug fix for a crash when typing with Chinese Pinyin input
on Mac OS X 10.7.
- Fix for certain graphical glitches where small black
rectangles would appear in certain applications.
- Improve font discovery.
- Prevent an occasional hang while updating CrossTie profiles.
- Fix a crash in Civilization IV and V in windowed mode.
- Fix an issue where applications could appear frozen after being
minimized into the Dock, even though they were still running.
- Fix an error opening documents with parentheses '()' in their
- Fedora 17 improvements, including:
- Support for UDisks 2; and
- The CrossOver installer will now detect whether perl is
present prior to install. (CrossOver requires perl,
and Fedora 17 does not include it by default).
- Better detection of correct libpng versions on some distributions,
including Arch Linux.
- Fixed an error uninstalling packages from the Ubuntu Software
Center, as well as custom packages built with cxrepackage.
- Suggest zypper package manager on SUSE Linux (instead of yast).
- Added support for Microsoft Visio 2010.
- Added support for Microsoft Project 2010.
- Integration of Wine 1.4.1, which includes many,
many bug fixes and improvements over Wine 1.4.0,
as well as improved translations for many languages.
- Bug fix for microphone detection for Rosetta Stone 3.
- Fix a crash for certain files in PowerPoint 2010.
- Improvements to Japanese input when running Internet Explorer 7.
- Improvements to graphics card detection.
- Allow for graphics driver detection in CrossTie files.
- Better installation notes during CrossTie installations.