Announcing CrossOver 12.1.0
I am delighted to announce that CodeWeavers has just released
CrossOver 12.1 for both Mac OS X and Linux. We have made many
substantial improvements between this release and 12.0.0.
The behavior of several applications has improved in CrossOver 12.1.
Our Quicken users will notice increased stability. We have fixed
some problems with server connections in Outlook. We have also made
various improvements to how the Microsoft Office suite runs under
CrossOver: we have fixed a bug which caused adding a table of
contents to a Word document to fail, among others.
On the Mac OS, users of OS X 10.6.8 who may have experienced trouble
with automatic updates in prior versions should see those problems
resolved. Also on the Mac, many games are running better in
full-screen mode than they did in our previous version. Finally,
we have fixed an issue which caused some users to have to remove
duplicate license files in order to keep CrossOver running.
On Linux, we have resolved a crash for Ubuntu / Unity users
running Guild Wars 2. We have also resolved some error messages
which had been present in the terminal on start-up from the
As always, if you are an existing customer with an active support
entitlement, you can download our latest version from
> and use it. Mac customers who have
automatic updates enabled and who are entitled to this update will
receive it automatically.
If CrossOver 12.1 asks you for registration credentials, use the same
email and password which you used to purchase CrossOver from
>. If you have any trouble, email
A complete changelog for CrossOver 12.1 is included below.
Thank you all for your support, and we hope you enjoy CrossOver 12.1!
CrossOver 12.1 changelog:
* CrossOver 12.1.0 - 2013/01/07
- CrossOver no longer ships Wine-Mono, an open-source replacement
for .Net, by default. We had started doing this for CrossOver 12
but the large increase in download size and disk space usage proved
too much. CrossOver can still download and install Wine-Mono
- We have fixed a bug which caused CrossOver to print unnecessary
error messages when launching Windows applications, complaining
that certain icon files could not be found.
- New translations for Polish & Chinese (China), and a partial
translation for Italian.
Mac OS X:
- We have fixed a bug where certain users who chose
"Register for all users of this computer" during CrossOver's
registration would receive an error claiming their bottle had
"expired" and could not be used, despite the user having a valid
- We have added a preference setting allowing the user to control
what CrossOver does with an unknown Windows .exe file when it
is launched. Using this preference, the user can tell CrossOver
either to treat the unknown .exe file as an application installer,
or to simply run it.
- CrossOver will now auto-update CrossTie files if the user has
permitted auto-updates of CrossOver itself via Sparkle.
- Fixed a bug where automatic updates via Sparkle would fail for
some users on OS X 10.6.8.
- Fixed a bug which caused several games to fail when running in
fullscreen mode. Games which should be improved include StarCraft,
Fallout, and, we hope, many others.
- Fixed a bug which prevented some users from logging into
World of Tanks servers.
- Running Guild Wars 2 on Ubuntu 12.04 with CrossOver 12 triggered a
bug in the Compiz window manager which caused a CPU spike. We have
added a registry key which can be used to disable the feature
which caused Guild Wars 2 to trigger this bug, thus making the
game playable with Compiz on Ubuntu.
- Fixed an issue where the screen would go blank during the
installation of some programs.
- Fixed connection errors with Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 when
connecting to hosted Exchange servers.
- Fixed a bug which caused adding a table of contents to a
Microsoft Word document to fail.
- Fixed an issue where Quicken failed to download WebConnect
and QFX files.
- Fixed an issue where Quicken crashed viewing investment details.
- Fixed an issue where Quicken crashed when expanding columns
- Fixed a bug which caused clicking on a promotional offer in Quicken
- Fixed some connection failures with Quicken 2011.
- Fixed an issue where rotated text was garbled in PowerPoint 2010.
- Fixed a bug selecting shapes in Visio 2010.
- Fixed a crash on launch in HCFA-1500.