Announcing CrossOver 15.0.0
I am delighted to announce that CodeWeavers has just released
CrossOver 15.0.0 for both Mac OS X and Linux. CrossOver 15 has
major improvements for both OS X and Linux users.
CrossOver 15 includes a new wine version based on Wine 1.8, bringing
thousands of improvements to CrossOver's ability to run Windows
CrossOver 15 is easier to use than ever. As in past years, we have
made usability improvements to CrossOver's interface on both OS X and
Linux. On Linux, CrossOver 15 includes a completely new user
interface. On both Linux and OS X, we have re-written CrossOver's
Software Installer to be simpler and easier to use.
CrossOver 15 runs your favorite new Windows applications, like Quicken
2016, on both platforms. CrossOver 15 will run these applications
better than before. On Linux, CrossOver will now use PulseAudio
for sound whenever it is available. This will bring improvements in
sound quality and stability for PulseAudio users.
Mac customers with active support entitlements will be automatically
upgraded to CrossOver 15 the next time they launch CrossOver. Linux
users can download the latest version from
If CrossOver asks for registration use your codeweavers.com email
address & password to register and unlock CrossOver. Email
if you need more help.
Thank you all for your support, and we hope you enjoy CrossOver 15!
15.0.0 CrossOver - December 8, 2015
* Mac OS X:
* The User Interface of CrossOver's Software Installer has been redone. Installing applications with CrossOver is simpler than ever before.
* CrossOver now includes a High Resolution Mode to allow compatible Windows applications to take full advantage of Macs with Retina displays.
* CrossOver now requires OS X 10.8 or greater. CrossOver 15 will not run on OS X 10.7 or earlier versions.
* CrossOver now uses PulseAudio for sound if it is available on the system.
* CrossOver has a completely redone User Interface on Linux.
* Application Support:
* Quicken 2016 now runs in CrossOver.
* General Improvements:
* Wine 1.8 brings thousands of updates to CrossOver's core compatibility with Windows applications.
* Dual screen Linux setups will run Microsoft Office better than before.