Announcing CrossOver 15.1.0
I am delighted to announce that CodeWeavers has just released
CrossOver 15.1.0 for both Mac OS X and Linux. CrossOver 15.1.0 has
improvements for both OS X and Linux users.
CrossOver 15.1.0 includes a new wine version based on Wine 1.8.1.
Wine 1.8.1 is the latest and greatest Wine release: a stable Wine
version incorporating fixes for bugs found in Wine 1.8.0.
CrossOver 15.1.0 also includes bug fixes for the popular games Heroes
of the Storm and World of Warcraft: any users who run those games will
want to install this update.
Mac customers will benefit from fewer conflicts with custom Python
installations and from improved behavior in our software installer.
In this release we also have improved support for Japanese users of
Microsoft Office with CrossOver on the Mac.
Mac customers with active support entitlements will be automatically
upgraded to CrossOver 15.1.0 the next time they launch CrossOver.
Linux users can download the latest version from
If CrossOver asks for registration use your codeweavers.com email
address & password to register and unlock CrossOver. Email
if you need more help.
Thank you all for your support, and we hope you enjoy CrossOver 15.1.0!
CrossOver 15.1.0 - 2016/03/21
* Mac OS X:
* Improved some confusing behavior in CrossOver's Software
* Fixed a bug where CrossOver's Software Installer would hang while
looking for compatible bottles.
* Improved our resilience to custom Python installations. We now
refrain from loading custom Python module installed in system directories,
which prevents crashes when incompatible modules are present.
* Improved security for Sparkle updates.
* General Improvements
* Fixed a problem initializing some fonts with dwrite, which could
cause Steam to fail.
* Fixed a bug in setting CrossOver's anti-virus scanner from a
* Application Support:
* Fixed a bug which caused Heroes of the Storm to freeze.
* Fixed a bug which prevented login to World of Warcraft.
* Fixed some graphical problems in Alekhine's Gun on Intel graphics
* Fixed a bug which caused Microsoft Excel to hang when accepting
non-English input via an Input Method Editor.