I am pleased to announce that we have shipped CrossOver 8 for both
Macintosh and Linux. New in Version 8 is support for Internet Explorer 7
as well as support for Quicken 2009.
Version 8 also represents another year of dramatic growth in CrossOver and Wine.
You should see improvements across the board in all applications, not just
the ones we officially support. Of course, we hope you'll like the many
improvements we've made to Microsoft Office and Outlook as well.
A complete list of changes is included, below.
If you are an existing CrossOver customer with an active support entitlement,
you can visit our web site to download this latest version:
You will need to log in with the email and password that you used when
purchasing CrossOver. Please write to email@example.com
if you need
help with this process.
Thanks again for all your support, and I hope that you enjoy CrossOver 8!
CrossOver 8.0.0 - 2009/06/16
New application support:
* Quicken 2009
* Internet Explorer 7
* Photoshop CS2
* MS Office 2003:
+ Non-English language service packs should now apply
+ Word 2003: 'Insert Field' should now work properly
+ Word 2003: Table calculations fixed
+ Word 2003: Insert... Picture... From File improved
+ Outlook 2003: NTLM proxy authentication fixed
+ Excel 2003: Insert Picture improved
+ Outlook 2003: Problem with dropping into
'disconnected' mode is resolved
* MS Office 2007:
+ Service Packs 1 and 2 now apply.
+ Enterprise, Pro, and Corporate editions should now install
+ Word 2007: Fixed misbehavior when using the
'insert image' function
+ Several other Office service packs and add-ons should
* QuickTime 7:
+ Intermittent hanging bugs should be fixed
+ Several other general fixes
* Outlook 2000: e-mail attachments should now work
* Acrobat 5 and 7: "Save As" dialog no longer causes crashes
* FrameMaker: Handling of PPD files improved on systems
* Word XP: "Combine Documents" fixed
* Equation Editor should install and run
Other crossover improvements:
* A 'symbol' font as been added. This should improve
Equation Editor behavior.
* A couple of improvements were made to dual-monitor support
on the Mac
* Fixed problem with resizing windows on dual-head linux systems
* KDE systray on SUSE 10.1 fixed
* KDE Printer improved
* Fixed a problem with demo registration and gksu version 2.0.2.
* Improved copy and paste
* Added better 64-bit support in the RPM package
* Updated many components to fix behavior on the upcoming
Snow Leopard release of OSX.
Many, many other improvements in Wine that should improve behavior
for a wide range of applications.