I am happy to announce that we have just released version 9.0 of
CrossOver Mac and CrossOver Linux.
This release, code named 'Snow Mallard', is the first major overhaul
of CrossOver since version 1.0. It includes a completely new user
interface for Linux and a revamped user interface for the Mac, which
should make everything faster and more intuitive.
Further, this release includes over a year's work on Wine
(over 7,500 individual patches), so you'll find a wide variety of
other miscellaneous fixes and improvements. Notable changes include
support for macros in Excel, as well as some improvements in Internet
Explorer 7. A short list of highlights is included below.
If you are an existing CrossOver customer with an active support entitlement,
you can visit our web site to download this latest version:
You will need to log in with the email and password that you used when
purchasing CrossOver. Click on 'My Account' and then 'My Downloads'
to download this release. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
if you need
help with this process.
Thanks again for all your support, and I hope that you enjoy CrossOver 9!
* CrossOver 9.0.0 - 2010/02/26
- Bold new look!
- Entirely redesigned application install process
- Much faster bottle creation and manipulation times
- Our application installation process is now guided by
'C4 Profiles', XML files that should allow the process
to be extended by anyone
Application support improvements:
- Some improvements in Internet Explorer, particularly IE7
- Major improvements in Microsoft Office; notably Word clipart
and Excel Macros should now work. Outlook stability should
continue to improve
- Limited support for Quicken 2010
- Merged with Wine version 1.1.34
This represents a years work in Wine, 7578 patches in all,
far too many to describe