CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Stopped working when I paid for it

I downloaded Crossover to run Troopmaster. I installed it and everything was working, tried it several times, and was happy. So I bought it and registered it. Now the Troopmaster window does not get the focus after it starts, so I can't click or type in it (mac window controls don't activate which is why I think it doesn't get the focus). What's up with that? Could it have something to do with my registering crossover "for all users"? That's the only thing different...

I don't have a mac, but I have seen a problem with the linux version.

It happens right after the download for a networked DB. After it happens, I kill the bottle. Then I re-open the bottle and it lets me in.

EVERY time I go into troopmaster I have to open, download, kill the bottle, re-open, accept the files already on disk and go ahead and use it like normal.

I'll try that tonight. What I did try last night was interesting, and points to some obvious issues. I wound up removing and reinstalling crossover and troopmast several times to see what behavior I got.

First off, if I install crossover for "all users" then the install of ie7 fails. I'd guess that would be a permissions issue.

So I installed it for me only. That way, everything installs (although I get an error message at the end of the installation). Troopmaster work fine as long as I don't exit and restart crossover. I can exit and restart Troopmaster and everything works. Once I close the crossover app and restart it, Troopmaster starts up normally, but after the FTP download the Troopmaster window never gets focus back. I did try restarting troopmaster and restarting the bottle.

The only thing that got it to work again was to remove the bottle entirely and reinstall troopmaster. The it would work find unti lI exited crossover and started again.

That indeed works on mac. Thanks for the help!

I was wondering:

1. Is this documented somewhere? If not, how can it be documented for future TM users?

2. Is there a way to get CW to look at it? It seems very close to working.

Michael Lindner wrote:

That indeed works on mac. Thanks for the help!

I was wondering:

1. Is this documented somewhere? If not, how can it be documented
    for future TM users?

Unless I am mistaken, I documented it in the compatibility page for troopmaster.

Michael Lindner wrote:

1. Is there a way to get CW to look at it? It seems very close to
    working.

I have a ticket it open on it right now in the Linux support. I don't know if piling on that ticket will help or not. It probably wouldn't hurt for you to chime in and mention that you are having the same issue on the Mac.

The ticket is number: 878289

One problem that you will run into: If someone else has the data file locked out, you will NOT be able to open it in read only mode. It hangs up right after you download the data file in read only, then on restart won't open the local data file in read only, it goes out and downloads it again, and you are stuck.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVVZzcTdxcEtCVndOU0hiVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9