CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

RIFT Graphics Issue.

I am new to Crossover games. The installation worked great. I open up the game, it works. But it tells me my graphics card needs an update. I click ok, and call i see are menus and black screen.

I go to Shard-select, which is the server you select to make a character. Only menus show up, no 3d models or graphics.

Do i need to update my graphics card using a Macintosh driver, or a windows driver? I figured Macintosh but my particular card isn't applicable for an update. I have the Geforce 8600m GT. I have Mac OS 10.5.8.

I can't find a driver for that. Am i out of luck?

Hi,

Please always search the C4 database for the game entry, before posting in
this general forum -- it avoids you posting into this, the wrong forum. The
correct forum for discussions/postings about Rift, is on the following page;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=8390

Use that forum for further postings - to answer your question here, no, you cannot
use Windows drivers on Mac, and you cannot upgrade Mac video drivers, as they are
released with the OS ; ergo, the next OSX video driver update will be in OSX 10.7...

Cheers!

@don almost correct
could be 10.6.8 or 10.6.9 or a separate download altogether (were there before)

the only sure thing is: drivers are released by apple, not by the manufacturer

;)

=) True enough... hehe

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTkJaRVl5cVdMVEs0QVBQQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9