CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pharoah will not install HHHHEEEELLLLPPP

I bought crossover after I looked and found Pharaoh to have a gold support button because it was my favorite game on my old pc. Now after 6 failed attempts I cannot get crossover to install it and get it to play. I get the intro video then the screen goes blank. I tried cross ties and the same thing happened. I feel like a total idiot after over an hour of futile effort. I tried to turn a ticket in and could not even do that because I kept getting a popup that said this will be displayed on a public forum unless you check the privacy box. I checked the privacy box and got the same popup. I feel so stupid I can't even turn a ticket in.

All I want to do is play my favorite game is that too much to ask?

One more failed attempt I don't want to play in a teeny tiny little box. I want this game to occupy my entire screen. I am 54 for god's sake not some kid with good eyes.

Crossover does not even recognize the game as installed after all that time installing again but it will launch into a teeny little virtual desktop when started from the disk using open with crossfire.

Don't run the game right after finishing the install. let crossover clean up what it's done first. as well, Pharoh was a game that played at a very low resolution. if you would like to try and run it full screen (not always a good idea if you used the crosstie option. it may have been enabled for a reason), you can dissable the virtual desktop by going to the bottle management, and running the wine config program. under video, deselect the "emulate virtual desktop" option.

Hi,

Although I don't own this title myself, I can give you a few pointers
that may help address your woes here. Firstly, are you talking about
the following title?...

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4162

For community help, you would do best posting to the forum there. This
is because not all people monitor/subscribe to this general forum ; they
only monitor the forum of the games (and C4 pages) they have/are interested
in, and hence might not see your calls for help here at all.

Also, when/if you do post to the game forum, it's vital you include some
details of your computer setup...ie; which version of Crossover you are
running, computer/OS{version} you are using, and what video card you have
(and if linux, which drivers).

Just so you know, you can submit a support ticket by emailing info@codeweavers.com
about your problems (such is equivalent to submitting a support ticket) if need
official help ; that is, these forums are unofficial forums of users that try
to help out others....

Cheers!

Okay this is a brand new version of crossover games trying to go on OS X Leopard. I did wait to try and play. 3 hours worth of tinkering and waiting yesterday and I finally got a tiny little window I could barely see the game in. I wiped everything and started over and now I can't even get the game to begin to install. If I wanted to have to strain to see I would play on a 10 inch netbook. This game played great on an old pc with 256mb of ram it should be great on 2 gigs of ram.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM52.0090.B09
SMC Version (system): 1.6f0

Computer details. And by the way this computer does play World of Warcraft just fine.

Totally fresh install with waiting period and after the intro video I hear music and see a black screen. Not a happy camper.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaFpldDlVOTQ3ZzVxcEI4UiIsImdkcHIiOjB9