CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Finding the Half-Like Install file.

So I downloaded Steam for windows, I am currently running Mac OS x 10.6.7, installed it perfect and everything for crossover games, currently running 10.1. I am wanting to install Sven coop mod to Half-Life so I can play it but when I go to install Sven, through crossover, it asks to install to my Half-Life file so I go through program files>steam>steam apps but there is no Half-Life file, there is a Team Fortress 2 file from when I installed that, but all other games(portal) are not in that file. Did it install it somwehere else? Am I not able to apply mods to Half-Life through Crossover Games?

Thanks.

Hi,

You don't need to search for any files - the mod installer will
figure that out. However, if you're just trying to execute the mod
installer with crossover, that action will apply to the 'default'
bottle, which may not be your Steam bottle (the one with HalfLife
in it). You can set the default bottle in the Advanced tab area of
the Bottle Manager, but then that bottle will become the default for
any win32 exe files you try to run like this....

...it's better to use the Bottle Manager (or Programs -> Run Command),
select the Steam bottle in question, and then either install the mod.exe
into that same bottle as an 'Other Application', (or if using the run command
route, browse to the mod.exe file and run it that way). Either route will
see the mod install itself and find the correct install location...

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibUNiRWNGckN5N1ROOW5ORiIsImdkcHIiOjB9