CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Battle for Middle-Earth 2 Rise Of the Witch KIng

Hi all!

So I just used Crossover Games to install BFME 2 on my Mac, but as I play the expansion "Rise of The Witch King", I want to have that installed to. But here is the problem. I have installed BFME 2 but when trying to install RoTWK it says that I need to install BFME 2 beforehand. There is nothing new to that fact, but as I've already installed BFME 2 what can be the problem? Does it have something to do with "Crossover"? I even cannot play BFME2 (it says I need to insert the disc but it is in) - it is like it wont recognize me having installed the game
I hope you guys can help me.

Regards
Frederik

Hi Frederick,

The reason why BFME 2 comes up with 'Please insert disk' is because the game has DRM protection. Crossover does not work with programs with DRM protection, nor can they (or we Advocates) tell you how to:

The Digital Rights Management (DRM) software in this program prevents it from running in CrossOver. If you are in a legal jurisdiction which allows removal of such software, you may have luck running this program. Unfortunately, CodeWeavers, because they are subject to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, will be unable to support you.

So BFME2 won't work, and I assume that RotWK won't either.

Sorry!

Alex

:(

Thank you for your quick reply.

Is there any way for me to play these games on Mac without having to boot up in Windows?

Frederik

Unfortunately, it is not possible at this time since the Windows DRM is patented.

Wine developers could build experimental DRM support code, which would take some time, but then the games would begin working. CodeWeavers could then release a new version of CrossOver, which could fix the not being read problem.

SecretAgentSnoopy

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTGZjN1pUcEdjS3duMndVYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9