CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

DirectX 10 support?

Hopefully a simple question: does the latest Crossover games support any DirectX 10 features? I have been googling around and, while I can find posts going back two years claiming that support is coming, I can't find anything from Wine/Codeweavers on the topic.

I'm asking, specifically, because I'd like to run Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and its system requirements spec a minimum Radeon HD2000 series, which was ATi's first DirectX 10 card.

Don Pickett wrote:

Hopefully a simple question: does the latest Crossover games support
any DirectX 10 features?

Not in a meaningful way I'm afraid.

Don Pickett wrote:

I have been googling around and, while I can find posts going back
two years claiming that support is coming, I can't find anything
from Wine/Codeweavers on the topic.

We started working on d3d10, but then other priorities interfered, and suddenly we're two years further. We'd like to get back to working on d3d10/11, but I can't make any promises about this.

Don Pickett wrote:

I'm asking, specifically, because I'd like to run Deus Ex: Human
Revolution, and its system requirements spec a minimum Radeon HD2000
series, which was ATi's first DirectX 10 card.

This isn't currently a supported game, but I don't think it requires d3d10. On the other hand, if the Wine AppDB is any indication, it probably has mouse input issues. The best way to find out is generally to give the trial version a try though.

Thank you.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYkhxd3dDR0NUZGFBSnh4NSIsImdkcHIiOjB9