CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Galactic Civilizations II

I use the newest Ubuntu, I got galciv on impulse, impulse works, but not like steam, impulse got a movable icon when you minimize and steam got a systray(whats it called in ubuntu?) icon.
I got the messages at start but are ignorable so...
So I have a impulse bottle where I downloaded my bought games.
I installed the font because some letters dont show the same spacing as in windows, (lucon.ttf).
I got all galciv 2 ultimate stuff in the impulse bottle so I made a desktop launcher to the latest expansion exe.
In the impulse bottle I confirmed audio because this gave me a message and confirming it and then regoing to audio doesn't give a message.
In graphics I disabled windowmanager decorates window.
And I checked the virtual desktop.
But this is all in the bottle config, I think the desktop launcher doesn't use these settings. I am not sure.
I got duel wide - screens, the game fills the screen but when I move the mouse to the right then I the screen scrolls a bit of desktop.

The problem:
When I played the game I had a linux navigation window open on my second screen, what I noticed is that the game doesn't catch the keypresses but it went to this window, what is strange because I started the launcher and didn't move my mouse from the game, but It never got focus, probally because it's an unfocusable window?
So I can't give my shipbuilds a name.

How can I fix this?

This is my favorite game, but I probally still will buy crossover game because vmware doesn't work well with heavy graphic games, to my knowledge/try outs.

Thanx

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYVBxbVpYTlRBelczN2dyZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9