CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Crossover Mac, Rift, Nvidia Drivers, 6 to 9 FPS

Hi guys, just wanted to provide the feedback.

I'm using a macbook pro, 4 gig ram, twin 2.5 ghz core 2 duo, and 8600M GT (512 meg).

I start up rift for the first time in the trial version and am flashed with a warning about out of date nvidia drivers, I go and fetch the latest 8600m driver installer from nvidia.com and upon trying to install into the bottle it will crash after copying files with "unknown error".

The game will start up and play, but on minimum settings it's only at about 6-9 fps in non-crowded areas. This doubles to about 12-16 with low quality render on, but even that seems a bit low. This seems to indicate the game is saying "I'm not detecting these gpu features, i'm going to fall back to..."

The resource use behavior seems a bit odd as well, because despite it (likely) not properly utilizing the GPU, i'm lucky to push the cpu to half.

Hoping this helps. In the mean time i'll also start experimenting with bootcamp to try to get some comparisons.

Hi,

Nice of you to provide feedback, however you've posted it in the wrong
forum -- your feedback really belongs in the app's C4 page forum...see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=8390;forum=1

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR2tXc2ZxZENScnRlMm5QQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9