CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Episode Two Trouble

I just tried starting a new game in Half-Life 2: Episode Two, but for reasons unknown to myself, Alyx wasn't saying anything. She was moving around as normal but she wasn't talking at all. I suspect this is a problem with CrossOver, but I don't know what the exact problem is.

If anyone knows a fix, please reply as soon as you can. I would be very greatful.

Hi,

You should actually post questions about this title to it's C4 page forum;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=3423;forum=1

Also, you need to tell us which version of Crossover (Games) you are using,
along with details of your platform/OS{version)/video chipset/drivers (and if
linux, which vidercard drivers) you have there...

...I have just rechecked this title in OSX and linux against Crossover Games 10
and can't recreate what you're seeing - have you tried verifying the game files
using the built Steam tools?

Cheers!

Thanks for your reply.

I'm running CrossOver Games 10.0.0beta2 under Ubuntu 10.10. I'm using an nVidia GeForce 210 graphics card. The driver version is 260.19.06. As for verifying game files, I'm not sure how to do that. I've never had to do that before.

I'll repost this if need-be.

EDIT: I've reposted the topic. This can be closed now.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWWFrQ2hzS1NKeVZXaEVINiIsImdkcHIiOjB9