CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Playing DCU online on my Macbook

Hello Everyone!

Recently purchaseda physical copy DCU Online - a game i am very excited about playing. However my PC does not match the specifications required. So i started to look into how i could use it on my macbook.

I Happened upon Codeweavers CrossOver Games and thought i would give it a go. (at the moment i am on the 7 day trial period) it works great when i insert the first instillation disc, the problem i am having is when it ask's me to enter the second disk to continue with the instillation, it doesnt seem to recognise that i have entered the second disc, it asks me to find a path and for the life of me i dont know what to do!

I would love to get it to work on my macbook and would be happy to pay for CrossOver Games services if i could get it to work. Anyone have any idea what im doing wrong?

Regards,

Ryan

Ryan,

I also have the physical game, and have tried to install it, where is asks for the path to your 2nd disk, the path is there but... like in my case it only put the "D" in the place for the drive letter.... which is where it doesn't recognize it when you put the second disk into, the fix there is to put "D:" in the box. It will install.... however... when I did it, on my Mac Pro, it didn't work... see this link.

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=8408;forum=1;msg=99914

Thanks for your reply Jerry,

Ill let you know how i get on!

Ryan

Hey Jerry,

I managed to install the game, it initializes the launcher and just stays stuck on the SOE logo over a black screen, i read your other thread, is IE8 internet explorer 8? Do i need to download it?

Ryan

Ryan Key wrote:

Hey Jerry,

I managed to install the game, it initializes the launcher and just
stays stuck on the SOE logo over a black screen, i read your other
thread, is IE8 internet explorer 8? Do i need to download it?

Ryan

Ryan, I don't have experience with DCU, only Everquest II, but they both use SOE to install. Here's my thought...

Make sure you have mshtml7 in the bottle with DCU (it's in the Runtime Support Components section). On initial install (of DCU, with a bottle that has mshtml7 in it prior to install), you'll get the SOE window without any buttons. You need to cancel the install at this time via CrossOver (I go to 'Configure, Manage Bottles, select the Bottle and the 'bottle' option... and use the 'Quit & Force Quit' functions... this will allow CrossOver to finish the installation process and give you a menu item). Once installation completes, you should be able to launch DCU and actually get rendered buttons, etc (provided it works like EQ2).

Good luck!

If I get some time, I'll try to take a look at it. If the installs are similar, it should be straight forward.

Caron,

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my issue.

I will try it right now, the only thing im slightly puzzled about is where do i find this mshtml7 thing to put in the bottle when im installing?

Ryan

Caron,

I apologise for my ignorance, how would i place it in the bottle when i find it? when i go to install and i have chosen the source i am installing from the only option i get is to click and accept is 'new winxp bottle DC UNIVERSE CD1'

Ryan

Doh!

I have found the runtime support components!

I dont seem to have mshtml7 tho! I have a msls31, that mean anything to you?

Ryan

Ryan Key wrote:

Doh!

I have found the runtime support components!

I dont seem to have mshtml7 tho! I have a msls31, that mean anything
to you?

Ryan

Ugh, I always forget that that one is in the Community Supported section. I'm sorry. you can also use the search feature to find it.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS0VDYnhoclpMRXViUG52MiIsImdkcHIiOjB9