CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Steam's Error: "Steam.exe(main exception): Cannot open blob archive file: CMultiFieldBlob(mem-mapped file): Failed to MapViewofF
Steam.exe(main exception): Cannot open blob archive file: 
CMultiFieldBlob(mem-mapped file): Failed to MapViewofFile

This was the error I got when I tried to access Steam through an external hard-drive. I've already tried solutions recommended by the Steam Database(Formatting my Partition), renaming the file, deleting it file, and many solution recommended. But nothing worked out.

History
My hard-drive had gone into a terrible corruption before, I've did many things to recover it, but no use, so I formatted it, and I can access it again. Every-time when I tried to install Steam to it, it just keep getting error. Fine, I copy the files installed on the C: Drive to my hard-drive. It gave the above error. This happened too before I format my external hard-drive which is weird.

Now
I suspect that the PC of mine had been keeping a corruption record, or maybe had a permission that I cannot change that prevent the access of this file. I formatted my external hard-drive, but restored to factory condition before I did that. But both still gives the same error.

Please help me!

I also have this problem on a new install of steam. It was working the day before and I was able to log into Steam and play Day of Defeat for 2 hours. Today, I got this the same error as the user above and reinstalling using the steam bottle does not fix the error.

nakajima wrote:

I also have this problem on a new install of steam. It was working
the day before and I was able to log into Steam and play Day of
Defeat for 2 hours. Today, I got this the same error as the user
above and reinstalling using the steam bottle does not fix the
error.

Yup, sure had, from what I've saw from the latest "Steam On Linux" article, WINE conflicts with NTFS-3G or sort, so you does not have permission to access any files from an NTFS Partition. I'm so sad, first I thought it was error with my hard-drive, like I wrote, it got corrupted before.

I've messed with it, and now, I've formatted both my PC and Hard-Drive just to get a solution for the error. But neither of them helped, then I've came up with that article, seems like they had not updated it for a while, and I notice that only after I've failed.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY1RwSkFuN1dXd2hNMmZ3ayIsImdkcHIiOjB9