CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Age of Empires III on ESO (multiplayer server)

Hi codeweavers,

I have downloaded the Crossover's evaluation version for MAC and I'm very satisfied for the program. In fact I'm actually able (after severeal tentatives that costed three days of nerding eheh) to play in singleplayer with Age of Empires 3 (original cd).
The goal is to play in ESO, the multiplayer platform. But, when I try to connect into the server, it will remaing "blocked" on Connecting to ESO without giving any useful reponse, even a error message, anyting.
Does anyone has find the same problem?

I will be very pleased in hearing any cool news. Unfurtunally I just have three more days with the trial version, so i would like to know before that the last day if a solution exist.

Thank you! :)

there is something in the A0E3 page about multiplayer, though it is not well written.
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=1666;tips=1

Thank you, but that guide followed me during all the installation and unfurtunally therse is no useful information for my problem.

The game is patched at last version of the game, required to play in ESO. Moreover, the outline f the patch 1.14 (the last one) says that everything works to play on line in ESO with wine.

Any other ideas?

Thank you

Multiplayer    Tip Author:
Alex Kornitzer    Last Modified:
2009-12-30 16:51:56
If you try and do multiplayer but get an ip of 255.255.255.255
then you must type this "sudo ifconfig DEVICE down" into terminal
Replace device down with everything but the device you want
for me it is en0 and fw0
If you have a mac you can find out using network utility.

Here is the suggestion of the guide that you replied.
I never find 255.255.255.255, but my IP (everything perfect?!). Once I tried to put all others devices down, I had an other IP. Then I tried to put a file called user.cfg with an override (once for IP, once for ports), but still not working.

I actually have a shared connection with ethernet and I'm sure that every firewalls or router ports are perfectly setted.

Is it possible that my macbook is filitring? Do you think mac ports could help?

I just forgot to say. Before this, i tryed to use paralles desktop and I had the same error.

Moreover, I have problems in installing Hamachi or GamesRanger. GamesRanges won't connect at any server. Is there a any chance that the problem is related with that?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibkNoSmVkOGEyUUY5N2Q2biIsImdkcHIiOjB9