CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

crossover games 9.1.0 network issue 64bit

I'm using mandriva 2010.1 64bit and i've just installed crossover games and it says: "Missing 32bit libnss_mdns.so.2 library: This library is needed for network and Internet access. Installing it is strongly recommended." i've looked in my repos PLF + official repos and there is no 32 bit libnss_mdns.so.2 available! can you guys make it use the 64 bit version?

Cheers

Hi,

You might or might not need this lib -- I don't use it here with CXG and don't
have any problems. You can't use a 64bit library in place of a 32bit library.

It's likely your /etc/nsswitch.conf specifies 'mdns4' or 'mdns4_minimal' on the
'hosts' line ...see the following page;

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/Diag/MissingLibNss_mdns

If there's not 32bit package about and you really need this lib, then you may be
a little stuck. Me, I'd just make sure I had a multilib toolchain installed and then
compile the 32bit libraries myself -- obviously not an option if you're non savvy
with (cross) compiling your own libraries from tarballs however.

I typically have my nsswitch.conf setup thusly;

# Begin /etc/nsswitch.conf

passwd: files
group: files
shadow: files

hosts: files dns
networks: files

protocols: files
services: files
ethers: files
rpc: files

# End /etc/nsswitch.conf

Provided your system isn't totally reliant on mdns for name resolution,
it still should work with nsswitch.conf setup like this (and CXG will stop
complaining about the missing lib).

Note: make a backup of your original /etc/nsswitch.conf if you go changing
things here -- I would not attempt this unless you are confident with what
you are doing.

Cheers!

For the record, the package name will be akin to lib32nss_mdns

Hi,

On Mandriva you need to remove the 64bit version first to be able to see the 32bit version.

Unfortunately Codeweavers has not made it possible yet to use the 64bit version of libnss_mdns.so.2

Look for it on mandriva as nss_mdns

Regards

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic3UyVExDQlVTTU1Qc2JOdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9