CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Installing Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - Runtime Error

Hi Guys,

I just got crossover, and I'm a bit confused as to how to install games. I've got Modern Warfare 2 for PC, I insert the disc, and it says"Cannot identify this installer. To install it as an unsupported package, press "Install Now", I click install, and I get a Runtime Error (at - 1:0): Cannot Import dll:C:\users\crossover\Temp\is-DEUUI.tmp\isskin.dll

Heres a screenshot

Please help! Thanks!

Two things:

There's a section within our Compatibility Center dedicated to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=6613. The people with the most experience running that game under CrossOver Games can be found in the forum there. Also, it has some Tips & Tricks for the game.

Second, you will probably have greatest luck asking CrossOver Games to install Steam, and then installing CoD:MW2 within Steam. Yes, it means downloading the whole game, but it would probably have to download a lot just to update the contents from the disc. You can register your CD key in Steam to enable the game for your account.

Yes, what Ken said. I also first tried to install this from the DVD with bad luck, but registering the DVD key with steam and then downloading the 10+GB worked without any problems whatsoever. Except that the download took several hours 😉

would really like to find a solution to that runtime error thingy....help help

Did you ever find an answer to your runtime problem...Over the last 2 weeks I've downloaded almost copies of the game, every time the same bloody error..not so keen about doing the steam thing..what did you finally do in the end...success?

Ken Thomases wrote:

Two things:

There's a section within our Compatibility Center dedicated to Call
of Duty: Modern Warfare 2:
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=6613.
The people with the most experience running that game under
CrossOver Games can be found in the forum there. Also, it has some
Tips & Tricks for the game.

Second, you will probably have greatest luck asking CrossOver Games
to install Steam, and then installing CoD:MW2 within Steam. Yes, it
means downloading the whole game, but it would probably have to
download a lot just to update the contents from the disc. You can
register your CD key in Steam to enable the game for your account.

What he said. Your best guess is to go to the MW2 forums within the link in the first paragraph or look into the tips and tricks or bugs tab.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUHdVVjZFd05wY2ZCWkNDYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9