CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Sound stops working in World of Warcraft after about half an hour of game play.

I use Crossover Games 9.2 in Ubuntu 10.10 to play World of Warcraft, and it runs great. For the most part, it runs much better than when I played using my old Microsoft operating system. The only problem I'm having is that the sound randomly shuts off completely after about 20 to 30 minutes of game play. There is no way to predict when the sound will shut off, so I cannot recreate the problem. I'm running Crossover Games 9.2 and I have WoW installed in a Windows 2000 bottle. Has anyone else had this problem, or know if there's a fix for it? Here is some info about my computer:

• I'm running Crossover Games 9.2 in Ubuntu 10.10.
  • My World of Warcraft bottle is using ALSA sound driver
  • My video card is ATI Mobility Radeon 3400 Series

Thanks for your help

Eclipse,
Was a solution found to your problem? I am having the same difficulty except at times there is no sound whatsoever.
Thank you!

Hi,

You both will probably fair a lot better, by asking your
questions in the WoW forum and/or read the Tips&Tricks section
on the WoW C4 page....see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=1185

Not all people read these General Forums - they only monitor the
C4 posts related to the app/game they use, and there are many
active WoW users in the forum of the above page.

Cheers!

I'm having the same problem with TF2. If you guys found a fix please share! :)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY1dOTXgyZU5RZll1aHRmOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9