CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Fresh Fedora 14 Install + Import of all bottles == massive fail

As title says, my fresh install is not a happy install :(

F14 x64
CXG/CXO 9.2
Import of all exported 9.2 bottles

I am having D3D and Audio problems galore. Not one bottle works period.

Any tips?

I ran into some snags like this also... The error I was getting was video device not found. Mine was due to a bug in the Nvidia drivers from rpmfusion and a 32bit library not in that repo as well. I can write up what I did to get CrossOver working again. If you're using Nvidia drivers there is a bug in the rpmfusion drivers, you're going to see the notice when you log into your machine. I found links on Red Hat's bugzilla site for another repository to install them: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=623742 the links for the repository are in comment 28. That killed the bug. Next I had to install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs-.i686.rpm (the =the driver version number you may install)... I found that by searching around the repository I installed the new drivers from. Installing should fail as you are probably missing a dependency. I had to also install libvdpau-0.4.1-1.fc14.1.i686 for that dependency. I grabbed that from rpm.pbone.net. Just FYI, I also had to use the generic cxo installer as the rpm would look like it's installing but never did. Now it's all working.

As for sound did you run the winecfg in CrossOver and tick alsa driver under the audio tab?

Actually my driver works fine, well lets say that glxinfo and glxgears work as they should. I followed Leigh's guide on Fedoraforums.org for that.

As for checking winecfg, thats how I know that there is an issue with the cx-wine sound. Inside Chrome, GNOME, etc. it all works fine. For some goofy reason inside cxg its borked bad. And all of the games have various errors regarding Direct3D. So I am presuming that there is either a library missing or there is something more atrociously wrong here.

Thanks.

Hi,

Never under-estimate the power of foo -- just because glxinfo/glxgears work,
that doesn't indicate everything's ok...ie; they might be loading 64bit builds
of libGL....best thing to do is issue the following command in an xterm/shell;

[if CXG is installed in /opt]

/opt/cxgames/bin/cxdiag --debug

[if CXG is installer in your home directory]

~/cxgames/bin/cxdiag --debug

Look at the last half-dozen lines of terminal output...what does it say?

Cheers!

Well that is an awesome command that you have there :D

libtiff.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[MissingLibTiff]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libtiff.so.4 library"
"Description"="This is needed by some applications that need to manipulate TIFF images in their user interface."

libxslt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[MissingLibXslt]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libxslt.so library"
"Description"="This library lets Windows applications perform queries and transformations on XML files."

libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libcrypto.so.0.9.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libcrypto.so.0.9.7a: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libcrypto.so.0.9.7f: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libcrypto.so.0.9.8a: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libcrypto.so.0.9.8g: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libcrypto.so.0.9.8k: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
found libcrypto.so.10
libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libssl.so.0.9.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libssl.so.0.9.7a: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libssl.so.0.9.7f: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libssl.so.0.9.8a: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libssl.so.0.9.8g: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libssl.so.0.9.8k: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
found libssl.so.10
default screen=0, planes=24
glXChooseVisual() failed
[OpenglNotWorking]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="OpenGL does not work"
"Description"="OpenGL did not work in our simple tests. This means OpenGL and DirectX applications, including most games, will likely not work. Other applications should be unaffected."

Okay I see some of the errors aren't really errors but the software looking for other versions that can work. Cool. But libtiff.i686 and libxslt.i686 are installed and present. What am I missing here?

Setting up Install Process
Package libtiff-3.9.4-1.fc14.i686 already installed and latest version
Package libxslt-1.1.26-3.fc14.i686 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

Thanks!

Hi,

You're missing the 32bits libs for those libraries (libtiff & libxslt)
and by the looks of it you're also missing the 32bit compat opengl libs
that should be installed by your video driver set -- it's mostly this
last issue stopping things...

Cheers!

The nVIDIA compat ... probably the case, as I dont recall ever installing the i686 versions. As to the former, they are installed. libtiff and libxslt each are installed in the 32 bit flavors (i686).

Thanks again. Ill try getting the proper nVIDIA stuff installed and report back.

OK I think I have this covered for the most part. I can post details once they are more straightened out. I have been taking notes on what packages I have installed, but some may not be needed. Two questions tho --

1) Is there an official list of dependencies? Not generic stuff like Perl. But the actual libs? I am tempted to just go by ldd, but want to get it straight from the devs. This way I can script it up and post it on my page.

2) If one can volunteer to get a proper .spec file for Red Hat orientated RPMs made?

I think that with a little bit of work, I can make a script that can satisfy all of cxg/cxo's deps -- but it really does need to go into the rpm itself. Rpm does support pre-install scripts, and this can be installed into that section -- if its RHEL do this, if Fedora do that, if SLED do this, if OpenSUSE do that, if Mandriva do that.. etc.

Anyway tho,
To Brian & Don, thank you very much! Appreciate the help here. Didn't know about the russianfedora site, nor that awesome cxdiag trick :P

The best Nvidia repo to use for F14 is Atrpms.net. There you can install the native 64 bit rpms, and then just install the 32 bit nvidia libs separately. Atrpms divides the driver up into kernel modules and libs for this reason.

In my experience, there have always been bugs with the Rpmfusion repos. They are not reliable with regard to Nvidia or ATI native packages. It's best for gamers to stay away from the Nvidia and ATI graphics packages supplied by them.

The problem with Atrpms is that they don't quite have ATI packages available yet. Faced with a choice between using the manufacturer's native driver for ATI or the ATI rpmfusion package, I'd download the installer from AMD.

The ATI native installer takes care of the 32 bit lib scenario.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ1pTczVUeXBuNEJkZ1BLWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9