CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops - STEAM (LAGGING)

I've tried to run COD: BO via Crossover Games and steam. The game runs perfectly! Nice graphics, but lagging so bad! Impossible to play, looks like 7 fps. Even in menu, when you move your mouse, the mouse moves in the same way...

Any solutions??

Thanks!

There have been reports of the very same thing happening to other players, look in the Steam forums for some ideas, although a patch is supposedly inbound.

A couple of the fixes included some console commands, turning off in-game overlay and the cloud.

i for me it's not possible to play with cod bo for the moment i can just play perfectly with cod modernwarfare 2

Well, my problem is: i opened crossover games and steam, and then via steam i try to open COD Black ops but when i try to open it a box pops up and then says: you need to connect to steam to play game. something like this... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, the steam version is glitched up beyond anything I can imagine. I'm not sure exactly what can be done with the Steam version, but check the other topic on things you may have to do... mainly the .net framework installtion.

Nolan Taeksang Yoo wrote:

Unfortunately, the steam version is glitched up beyond anything I
can imagine.

The steam version installs and works just fine here, except that I had issues with sound, but I was able to fix that. But I get very low fps, like so many others. The (secret) arcade mode plays smooth, but that's not why I bought this game...

Just to let you know, the lag issue does not just affect Macs. PC users are also having lag issues when playing the game. Just wait until Treyarch provides a patch that will hopefully resolve the issue.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOXBZYmNIa2U2UXNleHM4ZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9