CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga

This game starts beautifully, I am able to select which game I want to play (it comes with a remastered version of Ego Draconis as well), select a character, I think it might have actually skipped over a cutscene there, but not 100% sure, then I get an error:

http://homepage.mac.com/sterlingdax/divinity.jpg

I am unable to see the rest of the message, it's just cut off like that.

Any suggestions?

This is on an i7 iMac with 8GB RAM, 10.6.5 and Crossover 9.2

Hi,

That error is related with either vcrun 2005 or vcrun2008
--or-- has .NET implications as well.

Cheers!

Is there a fix? I am going to try it in Parallels as well, hopefully it will perform ok there.

You could try providing the runtime packages I indicate. You
might also try debug the issue to determine what's wrong - perhaps
there's some other runtime dependency missing. I don't use parallels...

I meant a fix in Crossover :) I use Parallels as a last resort....it limits me to a virtual 256MB GPU. It installed those packages when I ran the installer, but I'll run it again to see if something happened.

What Don is suggesting is that, in CrossOver Games, you install one or more of the Runtime Support Components that CrossOver knows about. He was referring to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables (of various vintages). It might not be those particular runtime support components. Others may help (or not).

In case you weren't already familiar with this, there is an article in our Support Library for getting unsupported apps running or running better: http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/CXGames_UnsupportedTips

The particular error you're getting may be best diagnosed by examining a debug log, as described at the very bottom of that article. Sometimes it will mention a particular DLL that wasn't found or loaded, or a particular function that is unimplemented.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY3phdXpXTGc2ZFI2VmJkZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9