CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Left 4 Dead

I just bought left 4 dead and runs great, but sometimes when I exit back to the main menu, the menu options aren't there?

Anyone Help

Thank You

Brucey

brucey wrote:

I just bought left 4 dead and runs great, but sometimes when I exit
back to the main menu, the menu options aren't there?

Anyone Help

Thank You

Brucey

I get this error too, however it is most prominent in left for dead 2. Any fixes guys?

What OS are you using? What GPU and graphics drivers?

You're referring to the main menu of L4D, itself, right? (As opposed to Steam or the desktop environment.)

Do the game's video settings have any effect on this issue?

Ken Thomases wrote:

What OS are you using? What GPU and graphics drivers?

You're referring to the main menu of L4D, itself, right? (As
opposed to Steam or the desktop environment.)

Do the game's video settings have any effect on this issue?

Linux Mint 10 x64
Nvidia 9600 GSO
Nvidia 174?/version current driver (from Additional drivers)

Yes, I am referring to the main menu of the game L4D/2 itself. It stops being displayed if you quit from a game back to the menu.

No, I do not think the video settings have any effect on this issue - at least, through my experience.

I used to have this issue long ago, but it went away. Not sure why. In any case, your nvidia driver is ancient (the current version is 260.19.21), though I have no idea if this causes the issue...

Tigger wrote:

I used to have this issue long ago, but it went away. Not sure why.
In any case, your nvidia driver is ancient (the current version is
260.19.21), though I have no idea if this causes the issue...

I wasn't sure if it is 174. I just questioned it because on the Additional drivers list there was Nvidia 173 and then Nvidia (current version). I, obviously, selected current version, but I don't know what 'current version' is in the LM Repos. :/ Do you know how I can find the driver version out?

-UPDATE- I went into Nvidia X Server Settings and found my driver version. I am using 260.19.06. Is there any point in upgrading it to 260.19.21?

I haven't played this game in a while, but when I did I had the same issue. I could usually fix it by bringing up the steam overlay (shift+Tab) and then exiting it. Bringing up the overlay brings the text back for some reason. Not a permanent fix, I know, but it's pretty painless.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUzNOVVp0Q3JSdlJLN1lyRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9