CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

In Process - how to nicely finish the process

Sooo what do I do when Crossover Games just sits In Process... and does not want to quit even though I have now regressed to Crossover Games version 9.1 it still sits in Process.

If I press the x is jumps one process, if I eject or cancel well it will not help the install.

I have submitted a ticket about this and received the answer to regress, perhaps I need to regress further back in time to when I was a little boy, or atleast try perhaps version 9.0.

This is for Dragon Age Ultimate Edition download which is a 12GIG download and a 24GIG install.

I think I will just let Crossover Games sit in Process for a while until I get tired of it having to process something all the time.

Any thoughts people as to nicely quit a process or help it along?

Have a great day!

I usually 'quit' and then 'force quit' the bottle.

On the Mac, go to 'Configure' and choose 'Manage Bottles'

Choose the bottle and then the 'Bottle' tab, click 'quit'

Click 'Force Quit' if the process isn't finished by clicking 'quit'.

Thank you Caron.

I pressed quit a couple of times and then force quit.
Something happened I wasn't really aware of what was going on but suddenly it wanted to install again so I just quit the whole thing.

O btw
I downloaded Parallels and it seems that it works just as well as Crossover Games with Dragon Age. I tested the Ultimate Version with Parallels and The Collectible version with Crossover. Even though they are different versions of the same game the performance is similar and that was nice to see. Andrew responded (thank you Andrew..:) to my ticket telling me that the Crossover 9.2 installer had problems with installing .net3. So it is another thing for Codeweavers to look into.

Say hello to my fellow Twin Cities citizens...:) I lived in Chanhassen for almost 10 years before heading back again to Norway.

Have a great day Caron!

Sorry to hear that it didn't go well for you. We are working to improve CrossOver and CrossOver Games and yes any members of the .Net family give us a difficult time.

We'll continue to work on it! Dragon Age is a game we'd really like to run well.

Always glad to hear from a fellow Minnesotan, former or current!

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiekNNTmNjQk1OVDRWU0hYViIsImdkcHIiOjB9