CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Copying configuration from one Mac to another

I just bought a Macbook Pro as step 2 in my conversion from Windows to Mac and want to set up Crossover Games on it as well. I assume I'll have to get another Crossover license for the book but I'd like to keep the installations consistent between my mini and book. One reason is to NOT have to go through the whole install and patch process for LOTRO when I have a good current copy of the game including having the second patch installer on my mini. Is it as simple as copying all the files from /user/Library/Application Support/Crossover Games to the book's /user/Library/Application Support/Crossover Games?

In theory, the proper way to move bottles is to archive them and then restore the archives. However, in practice, that's more important on Linux (and FreeBSD and Solaris) than on Mac OS X. On Mac OS X, the desktop integration information all lives within the bottle and is processed by the CrossOver Games.app when it encounters bottles.

You might consider copying the CrossOver Games preferences file (~/Library/Preferences/com.codeweavers.CrossOverGames.plist) to the new Mac. However, if you do that, you should also copy your Programs folder (~/Applications/CrossOver Games). Or, alternatively, just make sure you do Configure > Clear and Rebuild Programs Menu after you copy your bottles and preferences to the new Mac and start CrossOver Games for the first time.

(Put another way: CrossOver will automatically recreate the contents of the Programs folder for bottles that are copied, unless you copy the preferences, too, because the preferences will make it think the Programs folder is already up to date.)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ3Myc2Z3S2tNeHB2V0VxVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9