CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Where to download Croosover Games 9.2.1?

Seen that CrossOver games 9.2.1 has been released but My download page still have 9.2.0. My support extensions is still valid. Where can I download and upgrade to 9.2.1?

Regards
Sanchai Thiewprasertkul
Bangkok, Thailand

I only see 9.2.1 for Linux... haven't seen an Announcement yet... so maybe it's a Linux only fix?

I have seen the Mac version on the change log page of CrossOver Games product page at CodeWeavers site, and also at VersionTracker as well. But both the trial and my download page still show 9.2.0 for download. If it's only for Linux, this confusion should never happen.

Any idea or clarification please

Here is what's on the change log page:
Change Log For CrossOver Games

Download Information
If you need to download the latest version of CrossOver Games, please read the following below:

Trial Users can re-download from the Download Trial page.
Paid Customers can download from the My Downloads page.
Note: Registered customers can also unlock the trial version to the full version via the CrossOver GUI.

9.2.1 CrossOver Games - December 7, 2010

Fixed a new issue with Steam Overlays that was causing many Steam Games to fail.
9.2.0 CrossOver Games - October 19, 2010
Merged with Wine release 1.2.1. This includes bug fixes for several unsupported games, as well as fixing a crash in the launcher for Street Fighter IV and a lag in Team Fortress 2.
Fixed a bug that causes DRM problems on Ubuntu 10.10.
Fixed patching of StarCraft II (via an updated Gecko engine).
Fixed a problem that prevented StarCraft II from launching properly during the first run.
Fixed the sending of text in Worms Armageddon WormNET.
Improved behavior with built-in msvcr71. Should simplify the installation of several unsupported games, including Lord of the Rings Online.
Fixed a double mouse-pointer bug that appeared in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on some Linux distributions.
Improved font rendering for Trainz 2004 and others.
Got Tomb Raider: Chronicles working again.
Fixed a serious rendering problem for Civilization V.

The press release regarding Crossover Games 9.2.1 appears to imply it is a Linux only release for the time being. From the press release ( http://www.codeweavers.com/about/general/press/20101207/ ):

"And today, as Blizzard rolls out its third, much-anticipated expansion to the game Cataclysm, CodeWeavers ensures that Linux gamers can play right along with their PC and Mac brethren. CodeWeavers’ Linux customers will be able to run Cataclysm as if they were running on Windows with today’s immediate shipment of CrossOver Games 9.2.1."

Bolding my own. The announcements page also only mentions Linux, not Mac. Seeing as the 9.2.1 update was only to add Linux support for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Mac & PC are natively supported), and fix a Steam error, it's safe to say it's Linux only. I imagine Codeweavers will be releasing CXG Mac 9.2.1 in the near future.

Nathan F wrote:

Bolding my own. The announcements page also only mentions Linux, not
Mac. Seeing as the 9.2.1 update was only to add Linux support for
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Mac & PC are natively supported), and
fix a Steam error, it's safe to say it's Linux only. I imagine
Codeweavers will be releasing CXG Mac 9.2.1 in the near future.

CXG for Mac really has not much interest in the 9.2.1 update, what we eagerly await is CXG 9.3, which will integrate WINE 1.3 a MUCH more important update for a much wider range of games.

Hi,

There is nothing in the 9.2.1 build applicable to OSX - it was just a
maintenance release for linux only. Likewise I'm pretty sure that's the
end of the 9.x.x series -- the next we'll see is CXG-10 I believe, and it
will be based on wine-1.3.x ....

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiblFLMmJLUkc4TEhyM0ozcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9