CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Karos Online?

Anyone attempted Karos Online with crossover? If so, how is it? Or it can't be done yet.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I just had a quick search of the tomes, both here, over at WineHQ and using
a good'old search engine..and I'm drawing a blank on all fronts -- if anyone
has ever tried with Crossover/Wine, it doesn't look like they've recorded
their experience...and in situations such as this, it boils down to "try it
for yourself and see"...being the kind of game it is, my guess is that your
'basic' bottle makeup (for the installation of the game itself) would include
directx9runtime modern, mshtml7, .NET 2.0 => you'd probably be better off
installing http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=7558
after directx9 as it will pull in these last two plus some extra directx stuff,
and probably microsoft visual c++ 2008 runtimes...at least, that's what I'd expect
a title like this to want...

Cheers!

Hi Don,

Thanks for the reply. I gave it a shot and it turned out the the game uses gameguard which yields a (Error code 114) when I try to start the game. From what I've read gameguard is not supported and therefore it is not possible to run this game?

Hi again,

Well, at least now some information is recorded, and that the
ugliness that is gameguard is involved...I suppose you've read this?

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3952

That looks like a really big brick wall for wine at the moment....
and likewise will be so here in Crossover... ;-/

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZzdjMlN2TkY1WkdkcnZ1eiIsImdkcHIiOjB9